Friday, 7 January 2011

Yes, I am still riding a bike

I am sure there is a bunch of gossip doing the rounds that I've given up the bike... I kinda like it, if that's the case, because it means all my secret training can remain just that!

Seriously, after an incredibly full on 2 or so months, I started this week back at work and back in the gym with Paulee and the guys. My two training buddies had me in tears with the quips and wise cracks that were flying! The best bit was three of us lying on our backs doing ab work, me with a male either side, both of whom were groaning with each rep. Nothing like lying between two blokes moaning away either side of you, with me telling them to quit their dramaqueening!

This Saturday will be my first track session back with Perko in as long, and I am expecting slow times, or fast times but over 100m only, and a few visits to pukesville. Gotta love track!!!

And in other news:  I've been checking out heavy duty, snow-proof winter riding gear (boots, gloves etc) while the Aussie dollar is strong, and it's snowing in the northern hemisphere. It's difficult to get quality, truly cold-proof deepest winter horse riding gear in Australia (and I have Raynauds), and it's difficult to get cold weather gear at a reasonable price. So I have been shopping online, looking at pictures of amazing looking lined, waterproofed, snowproof boots in gorgeous snowcovered fields, while it is 35 humid degrees outside. Somehow, it feels just a little ironic...

6 comments:

Leon and Sue Sims said...

Puke - puke and more puking at 5.18 pm. I still feel that lump in my throat - you too???
Leon

Leanne said...

When will we see you racing again

Lawrence said...

Maybe States Leanne. If not, nationals. I haven't even looked at the fixture to see what opens are on in March! :-D

Lawrence said...

Leon, my legs were screwed for the rest of the day!!

Leon and Sue Sims said...

So were mine but rode to Glenvale on the Sunday and raced as well.
Forgot about the legs after the race started and even asked one of the race marshalls riding with us for a lead-out.
Racing Thurdsay night at DISC?

Groover said...

That rumours had made it all the way to Brissie! LOL Good to hear you are going strong, girl!