Thursday, 21 October 2010

Attitude problem. Who, me?


What goes around, comes around. I guess that’s why it’s called cycling. And because I have been in a crap mood all week, I make no excuses for the bad pun. O, wait. I just did.

Whilst last week was great for training (I felt good, did good) this week was the opposite. Hopefully next week will be a compromise and have a show of balance about it.

On the weekend, I had a hard lesson in watch what you eat, don’t compromise what you eat, and get some long sleep. It set me off for the week.Or maybe it was just the hail and snow the fell that got me going? Good quality sleep for a short time doesn’t quite have the same gains as good quality sleep for a longer time. And adequate hydration is crucial. Don’t forget to drink your water!

I spent the weekend away massaging working Clydesdales and Percheron crosses. It should have been centring and good for my soul, and on some level it was. But on another level, my sugar and hormone levels got in the way and I have been cranky ever since. Perhaps it has something to do with being at a decision point with cycling, racing, horses. Or maybe not. Maybe it’s just because there’s a bucket load of shit going down at work, I have final exams in four weeks (oops 3 now), have two horses to look after for the next few weeks instead of one, am still having “health issues”, and I am over the politics of cycling and need a break from the freight train I have put myself on.

I have a long weekend coming up, and on Monday, all things going to plan, I am going to have incredibly stiff, sore legs from riding Moonie on Sunday. Needless to say, I am really hanging out for go home time today, and some extra time over the next few days for riding my bike in the sun, more sleep and chilling with my ponies (and text books).

1 comment:

Groover said...

Mh, sounds a little bit like you are ready for the island! Now, knowing you, a little bit of soreness won't frighten you. Enjoy the riding and I hope you are feeling better soon.