Friday, 25 June 2010

Jeannie does it again!

Jeannie Longo-Ciprelli does it again! Overnight she won her 10th French National Time Trial title, her 57th national title, at a rocking age of 51.

The woman is a legend, and truly inspirational, sticking it to everyone who says women are soft, and age is a barrier. When I grow up, I want to be just like her. Hmmm, 7 years to train to win a national road time trial. Who said impossible? Certainly not the White Queen, Alice


Image from here, taken at the 2009 World Road Titles.

3 comments:

AMR said...

She is an inspiration to all. Thanks for the great news!!

Groover said...

Here goes my plan of just simply out-living everbody till one day I'll win a National Championship simply by being the last women in my category. This plan will never work with women like Jeannie ... the young girls in France must despair. :-)

Just like you said: Truly inspirational.

Lawrence said...

@AMR I'm waiting for the day she receives due recognition for her achievements (eg 6 Olympics I think it is)from the cycling world. I think being female has something to do with it unfortunately. Although, Beryl Burton has more recognition than Jeannie!

@Groover, well that was my plan! Looks we may have a long wait ;-)