Friday, 23 April 2010

30 days of Cycling

I am toying with pursuing this "challenge", starting this weekend. 30 days in a row of some kind of butt on bikeseat activity. It's a good way to work on my base, which is what I need to do right now. The only thing that's kinda flagging red with me is this freaking virus that is still clagging and searing my throat and ears, hot cotton-woolling my lungs, and keeping me tired and aching. 30 days could see me ride my way out of the hole, or further into it. Guess there is only one way to find out!

30 Days is also about finding ways to enjoy being on the bike, rather than just thinking about each time I throw the leg over as "training" with its associated data, outcomes, achievements (or lack thereof), recording, note-taking, planning, progressions. It's off season for me now, so it's the perfect opportunity to refresh my body and my brain (although riding 30 days in a row is probably not so physically refreshing). I have five functional bikes (well, one almost, nearly, soon-to-be functional) so I plan to make use of use of all of them over the coming month.

Of course, by tomorrow, I may just say bugger that! and keep doing what I've been doing: train, recover, train, recover. Boring!!!!!

No comments: