Monday, 19 October 2009

500 M TT World Masters 2009

No PB. To say the least, I am very disappointed, and incredibly frustrated with myself. Going on my recent training times, my self-belief in a PB was nuclear - a rare thing for me. So my disappointment is deep and personal.

I seem to be stuck in the 42 second range. The last 3 500ms I have done have all been in that range. Washing speed off rolling around the track, I looked up at the board and saw 42.77 sec. My first thought: FFS, what's with this 42 seconds crap??!!??

I have some explanations for today's performance, but I ain't gunna lay 'em out here. They'll just sound like excuses, which basically they are. So I'm keeping them to myself, and for you dear reader, no excuses, just that I didn't have the legs today. Tough shit, that's life, and racing.

I would like to say, though, a huge THANK YOU to my friends in the grandstand and online watching me today. I felt very humbled by your support. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done all the same, great attitude!!