Monday, 8 June 2009

How quickly a week goes by

It's been a week since I last rode, and I could handle another week off the bike, frankly. But I won't. I've just entered a race with some nasty hills in it, so I guess I'd better start training again.

The flu has settled down, and I am almost done with my first 4000 word assignment in many years. When this one is done, I have another in four weeks. O yay. Currently I am grappling with this article, which I need to critique, using appropriate theories and methodologies. That bit is fine, just keeping track of what the dude is trying to say in his 11 pages, so dense they would make a mississipi mud cake crumble, is the hard bit. With a title like that, what do you expect??

I hope getting a PhD is worth the grief of performative pedagogies!! My brain feels like it has had an hour with Marty in the gym.

3 comments:

Buttsy said...

Are you seriously doing your phD???? That is not to be taken lightly..I would never do it.....although I have started a second degree....but a phD.....good luck....

Lawrence said...

Yep, that's the plan. Got a couple of hurdles to do first before it's official. Unit on research methodologies is one of them....

Nonie said...

Performativity-informationalisation??? I'm glad it's you not me critiquing that article. I couldn't make sense of the abstract!

Good luck!