Monday, 27 April 2009

Alien abduction

Lunchtime yesterday I change my status on Facebook to this: aliens have invaded the temple of my athlete body and turned it into an experimental lab for ultra slow twitch muscle fibres. Turns out I wasn’t far wrong. After having a dog of day at the Masters Omnium, I woke up this morning to a lovely cold. Guess that explains yesterday’s sad and sorry performances.

I may have broken a few slow train records yesterday, but I did have a tonne of fun! It was bloody hard work, and I am now trying to work out how I can be race promoter and actually compete at our Women’s Omnium State Champs in November. By then, I will have mastered a good line for the flying 200m as well!

Next big thing on the calendar is a training ride in Marysville next Saturday aka the Marysville Lake Mountain Fire Relief Cyclcosportif. Looking forward to some more of that great fruit cake!

No comments: