Thursday, 19 March 2009

Women's Entries, States and Nationals

I had a quick look at the numbers for State Masters Track Titles, which are this weekend, and I nearly fainted. About 18 in the TT, down to 10 in the sprints, with the IP, and Scratch high teens, kierin low teens. The biggest group is the combined WMAS1&2, comprising just over half the entries. When I first did States about 4 years ago, there were just two of us, making up the sublime and the ridiculous (ie Michelle King and myself).

Entries closed for Nationals yesterday, and whilst my age group has held steady at 7, WMAS 2 has lept with 10, WMAS 4 at 8. There are a total of 40 women entered. I'm assuming the groupings for the championship will be Cat 1: WMAS 1& 2; Cat 2: Wmas 3 & 4; Cat 3: WMAS 5/6/8.

All I can say is: FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Anon noted my maths is wrong for Nationals. Never mind. The thought was there. Thanks Anon for the clarification!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, don't mean to burst your bubble about the Nats but there is only 18 women entered. The site counts each entry as a person i.e. 4 events for 1 person + 4 against the WM cat.

Lawrence said...

Bugger! It was gleeful while it lasted. Thanks Anonymous!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm I wonder if they will still combine WMAS1&2 at states considering the numbers...???

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm I wonder if they will still combine WMAS1&2 at states considering the number of entries..???

Anonymous said...

It would have been great to have 40 women, that would have put it up there with the Worlds. I think we actually had less for that. Have fun at the States and Nats. See you here in Sydney for the Worlds. D

Lawrence said...

Thanks Anon D. You will see me in Sydney in Oct. Only nationals this year for me, skipping States this weekend.