Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Yes, I PBed.

It took a while for me to realise, and took an sms from Mr Legs to make me really think about it and check it out on the web, but I took 2 seconds off my previous best time for the pursuit. I was so fixated on obtaining a particular time (which I failed to do) that I totally overlooked what I had achieved. It also took a while for me to accept that the PB was actually acceptable!

I am satisified with my PB, all things considered. The last 24 hrs have been crap, stressful and energy sapping, sorting out repairs on my car in a foreign town. I raced, and even though I came last, I successfully improved. Have the costs of the last three months been worth it?? You bet!!!

Now it's time to head back to the track to watch the finals, and have a drink to celebrate, not just these Worlds, but also as of now, being a hill-climbing roadie for the next few months. With just a few track meets thrown in for fun! I promise!

PS The gold/silver race off in my division between Meg Marsh and Kerrie Howard tonight will be a ripper. Both women were in the 2 min 30s, and if nothing else, it will be great to see them both medal. Just who gets what colour will be their issue and exciting to watch.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Well done on the pursuit 2 sec PB, Lawrence :-) Bad luck about your car though - so I hope you manage to get the glass etc. sorted soon!
Penny

hippy said...

2 seconds! That's Big Kev HUGE Nice one!

Lawrence said...

:-D thanks guys