Monday, 6 October 2008

Start Lists

The entry list is out for World Masters Track, and it really just looks like another Nationals, but better ie more riders!! There are 11 in my age group, with the 2 non Australian women from NZ. So let’s just call it Masters Oceania’s. There are some strong women in my group, and I’m placing money on Meg Marsh, Kerrie Howard, Trudy Van Der Straaten, and Megan Blatchford-Peck.

I’m a bit over Worlds, thanks to a stressful month personally, plus getting back up to speed on the bike over the last few months. It’s been touch and go, and I’m not where I’d planned to be, in a number of ways. But it’s all a learning experience, and I know who I am and where I want to go, and I’m pretty happy with that.

I am really looking forward to just riding the bike after Worlds, for a while, rather than worrying about achievable cadences, gearing, times, splits, perfecting starts, mental rehearsals etc etc. Just a back pocket full of munchies, some money, some spare tubes, someone to help whittle away the kms, some hills to climb, new goals to achieve, strength and endurance to build. Sounds good to me!

No comments: