Monday, 6 October 2008

New FTP

Saturday was cold, damp, grey, miserable. Classic Melbourne weather. So what’s a single girl to but go ride a hill! I took myself up the 1:20, just to go out for the ride, no PBs in mind, no hard riding, but to enjoy myself (if you can do that climbing 6-7km). I didn’t smash myself, just rode within my limits, but by the time I got to the top, passing a few people on the way, I felt like crap, my guts were thinking of ridding me of breakfast, and well, I was told I looked pooped. That was the understatement of the week.

Today, looking at the data from that ride, I think I just rode myself into a new FTP, bettering my current FTP (that I’ve held all year) by 10 watts. Pity I don’t have time/space to confirm this before Worlds, but I guess it doesn’t really matter too much, just that I now believe I really am stronger – the data says so!

1 comment:

hippy said...

I thought you had to ride for an hour to get an FTP value, unless you do one of those funky estimate techniques that only take 20min or whatever?