Monday, 7 July 2008

Grumpy and Over It

It’s been a quiet week on the blogging front because, well, there’s no point boring you with tales of my ongoing grappling with a virus, and little training done. Needless to say, it’s tedious, I’m over it, and am now in the process of blood testing, doctor’s advice (ie rest, stay off the bike, it will pass) blah blah.

It’s now been 3 weeks, which means I am 3 weeks closer to Worlds, with 3 weeks of training blown out the window. What a freakin’ waste of time. Time that was needed to finish off my strengthening block, time needed to continually improve endurance and aerobic capacity. Worlds are now 13.5 training weeks away. I’m getting antsy, frustrated, swinging from being totally over the whole cycling thing to being desperate to get back on the bike again to start working seriously hard again.

And in the end, there’s nothing I can do about it til this little alien visitor has spent itself running amok and partying in my cells, or my body tells it to bugger right off. The hard bit is working out if feeling good on the day means that the virus thing has actually gone, or, well, I’m just feeling good from rest. So currently I’m damned if I do, and damned if I don’t.

1 comment:

hippy said...

I've gone out in sympathy. Well, my motivation for riding has.
Hope you sort this bug out asap!