Monday, 16 June 2008

The Weekend that Wasn't

I had some solid workouts planned for the weekend, but unfortunately, Mr Leg’s flu bug decided to jump ship and come a visiting. The upside is no head cold, just aches, pains, headache, sore eyes and overall fatigue. Fortunately today those symptoms seem to be on the wane. This is the second time this winter (in the last 5weeks) Mr Legs has had a nasty flu and I’ve just had a lesser, very short-lived variation. All those anti-oxidants are paying off!

Saturday was an hour in the Marty A Go Go shed. A small turn out meant some close supervision (read: bloody hard work!!!!!! My abs are still feeling it, particularly when I sneeze, cough or laugh - ooww!!)) so that by the end I was totally stuffed. I could barely manage 10 jump ups onto the box. (But I have to say, I think the flu bug was striking by then). That afternoon I struggled through 40km on the trainer, making hard work of what should have been a breeze. By dinner I was gone, so probably didn’t make rivetting company at the restaurant table!

Sunday morning, 5 am and I turn off the alarm, do a quick body check, realise I feel even crappier than the day before, roll over and go back to sleep. 8 am I do the same process. 11am I am feeling a less like road kill. It takes another hour to actually get the body functioning well enough to make it out of bed however. So there goes racing Eastlink, but from some of the stories I’ve heard, I’m not upset about it. The rest of my Sunday was spent eating leftover cake, and pottering around as my energy levels allowed. Thank goodness today is a rest day on the program, cos I’m needing it! Hopefully by tomorrow I’ll be good for the bike and able to ease back into it, if for no other reason than to burn off all the birthday/caramel mud cake I've eaten!

No comments: