Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Ready to go!

It’s been 4 days since I’ve been on the bike – an enforced week off courtesy of Coach. After States I didn’t want to see the bike again for a while, but after Nationals, I just want to get back on straight away. I’ve got some work to do and I wanna have fun! But instead, I am reading Tim Krabbe’s The Rider and dreaming of being faster and stronger, imagining training hard, pushing the chronic training load marker up, smashing up nasty hills, rocketing off at traffic lights leaving everyone behind in a cloud of dust, attacking in Thursday night track racing blowing people up all over the place, and leaping tall buildings.

Reading back over my blog entries for nationals and the week prior, I realised my results last week were actually spot on for the level of residual fatigue I had. It’s easy to forget how weeks of training, working full time and just living impacts the body. I have a lot of positives to take away from Nationals, and am eager to get back into some hard work

No comments: