It’s been a week since my last post and life has been quietly ticking along as it does …
Highlights of the week:
- Stuey O’Grady won Paris- Roubaix – how awesome is that???? He has finally cracked a Big One TM - well done Mr O’ Grady
- Apparently revisting your past life gives you precognition (ie Desmond on Lost). I make a point of visiting life only once
- My horse won the “Look at me! Look at me!” contest this morning when the fertiliser trucks came to spread some chemical grow magic on the dustbowl paddocks. I should post a pic of her – she is truly a stunner with movement to die for. Why do I race bikes again???
- One of the guys I coach has a documentary screening next Thursday night (April 26) on ABC tv at 9.30pm, on Vivian Bullwinkel, military nurse and WW2 POW survivor. An inspiring woman and what will be excellent viewing. Congratulations Nick & Eleanor for getting it up and out there. Please tune in and watch it.
- Tomorrow, my Club hosts the annual Baw Baw Classic. This year, thanks to the good work of our Race Director, it’s the final stage of the Pinnacle Series and has excellent entries. Last year it snowed, this year cold and rain forecast. Yippee!!!! Bring your thermals. I am one of the sag wagons (I think!!) and will swan around at the top of the mountain being Club President, shaking hands and thanking/congratulating people along with a bunch of Special Guests from the local Shire, Pinnacle Series sponsors and host Clubs and Shires, series organisers etc. The Pinnacle Series is an exciting one, and has gained much support in its first year.
Take a look here: Baw Baw Media Release