Monday, 10 December 2007

Drink Beer

I am not a beer drinker: maybe 1-2 stellas a year. Shopping for some well-named Bright beer for Mr Leg’s brother-in-law at the Bright Brewery yesterday, I spied a Belgian style beer on the list, and added a couple to the shopping bag. As soon as we got home, I put the Fainter’s dubbel bier in the fridge to chill, and when the time was right, cracked one open. Yum. That’s the best way to describe it: full of chocolatey fruitcake, dark rye bread, dried fruit goodness, rich but not too rich, not bitter, not sweet, but a mouthful of refreshing, full flavours. At 8.5% it also packs a punch. I could order myself a slab (which would last half a year at least!).

1 comment:

hippy said...

Cheeky!

I went to the Ghent 6 and didn't come back with a single beer!!!

*hangs head in shame*