Monday, 3 December 2007

Cheesecakery

Mr Univac and I are Comrades in Cheesecakes (baked). Sunday morning we stopped at a bakery/café in Richmond that surely must be a leader in baked cheesecake. Macadamia Baked Cheesecake. It looked magnificent, full of chocolately, gooey, nutty, creamy goodness. I convinced Mr Univac that, despite the early hour, he really needed to give this good looking cake a go. And he did, after a few feeble protests. I’ve never seen a cake defeat Mr Univac, but this one was a mission uncompleted. That had to be one helluva cheesecake. I am planning a future later arrival (ie at a more cheesecake eating friendly time) to give this demon baked item a go myself.

2 comments:

asfastasicanforaslongasican said...

you missed out the bit about the paramedics and how important it is to have them nearby while eating said artery clogger

Lawrence said...

LOL, I was being diplomatic. Cardiac arrest from cheesecake is a serious condition which warrants respect, unlike playing Where's My Bianchi Today, which deserves all the pisstaking it can get ;-P

But yes, the paras arrived just in time as the remnants of said cake lay pitifully on the plate and Mr Univac sat back groaning. Perfect timing!