Wednesday, 14 November 2007

The Bleeding Obvious

I work in an academic institution, I have undertaken academic research, I work with academic minds - teachers and researchers alike, but nothing brings me to tears more than "confronting, challenging new research" that basically states the bleeding obvious. I have an interest in nutrition, so keep an eye out for the latest. And here it is: a healthy diet consists of (whole) foods, not a bunch of nutrients, measured and ingested. No kidding.

There are reasons blueberries, tuna, carrots, basil, grains etc are good for you. They work inside our bodies the way pills can't, the way reconstituted foods (eg protein bars!!) can't. You don't have to be Einstein to work that one out. I just love academic research at times... illuminating.

No comments: