Monday, 8 October 2007

Revolution launched





Photos from CSV site copyright Amy McCann

L: Dave's mini bikes
R: Max n Reilly's generation grudge match





This morning, Cotter Pin launched the Revolution series, with the help of a couple of track racing celebs, a little weatherman from the Today Show and a cast of many from the local cycling and racing scene. I didn’t attend, deciding that I needed sleep more than free coffee and croissants at 6 am. Mr Legs did, however, turn on the TV instead of the radio (he even got up early to do this) and we saw a couple of micro-second snippets from DISC during the weather reports.

My favourite handicap handler, Dave Morgan had worded me up on some “revenge” match that was to be held, between a couple of unlikely lads. I was stoked that I got to see the venerable Max Reid and young 8 yr old Reilly battle out a one lapper during the national weather report. Reilly held off the cagey Mr Reid in real style.
Unfortunately, I missed out on seeing Ryan Bailey, Anna Meares and Steve the Weatherman ride Dave's custom mini-track bikes. Photos available here, courtesy of CSV.

Tickets are now available via ticketek for the Revolution series, and there is AAA seating for the rich and celebraires.


1 comment:

hippy said...

fyxomatosis was there too..
http://www.fyxomatosis.com/news.php?readmore=969