Friday, 28 September 2007

I once was a woman

Apparently, registration numbers for World Masters is 423, 3 up on last year's figures, with 24 pages of starting list. A very quick flick through shows approximately 24 entrants in my division with about 11 domestic women.

I got to the end of page 24, and realised I hadn't seen my own entry. I used the M/F column as my search flag, then date of birth for counting 40 - 49 yr olds. I flicked back through the pages, scrolling through the M surnames. Yup, there I am, listed as male. I have emailed the organisers with a polite but terse message noting that I entered the women's division, as a birthed woman, and wish to remain a woman in the women's division. Sigh....

On another note, Janet Birkmyre and Annette Hanson seem not to have entered. This will ease some pressure off Michelle King for gold in the 500m TT but I know she will still be battling for those precious 100ths of a second for a World Best time.

2 comments:

hippy said...

I've raced a couple of tri's as a woman. I don't think it helped.

Lawrence said...

It's pretty darn hard to run in stilletos...